Help with high fidelity playback equivalent to iTunes???

I have an album I downloaded from a hi-resolution music website recently. The music files for the album are in the following format:

AIFF

96 kHz

24-bit

I noticed for AIFF file playback in iTunes the highest sample rate is 48 kHz and 16 bits. Is this correct?

Are there any music playback programs available that will support higher bit depths and sample rates?

Thanks.

Go to Audio Midi Setup in Applications/Utilities and see if you can change your MBP built-in sound card to 96k

Just did it. Set the internal sound card to 96 kHz. Does that mean if I import a high fidelity track (96 kHz, 24 bit) it will play at the higher sample rate and 24 bits?

Thanks.

Does that mean if I import a high fidelity track (96 kHz, 24 bit) it will play at the higher sample rate and 24 bits?

It has to if you want to hear it.

Thanks! I think I know what has been throwing me off. For the pic below from iTunes preferences, is the 'Import Settings' button referring to only importing CD's?

2069973558_ScreenShot2018-02-24at9_36_12PM.png.266250a470ab64f8e04561745911de50.png

Thanks.