audio interface with two headphone outputs

Go to solution Solved by uncleozzy,

I have a scarlett 2i2.

My issue is when I am recording I can't listen to the session with whoever is in the booth because there is only one headphone out.

To accommodate I have been plugging my second pair of cans in the back where the monitor L & R outputs are. either L or R will suffice but I know its probably not the correct way to go about that.

What could I do instead so that I can keep my monitors plugged in and also use two headphones while recording?? Please help D:

• Solution

My interface has two headphone outputs (and multiple monitor outputs), but I have a cheap little mixer (an old 6-channel Behringer) that I use sometimes when I'm tracking with somebody else. Run monitor outs into the mixer, artist gets headphones from the mixer and they can control their own level. You can get cute with this with bigger interfaces, but even with yours it would work on a basic level (monitors go out from the mixer).

A headphone amp is another option that might be better, depending on your needs.

triplets that link is giving me a guitar, not a headphone amplifier! :shock:

What could I do instead so that I can keep my monitors plugged in and also use two headphones while recording??

Maybe this is what Triplets intended to share, but you can do what I do:

Behringer make a decent super cheap headphone splitter amp, £20. Four stereo outputs. Individual volume control. Boom.

https://www.gear4music.com/PA-DJ-and-Lighting/Behringer-MicroAMP-HA400-Headphone-Amplifier/6M0?origin=product-ads&utm_campaign=PLA+Shop+-+Behringer&utm_medium=vertical_search&network=google&adgroup=1+-+Product+Level+-+Behringer&merchant_id=1279443&product_id=8568d1&product_country=GB&product_partition_id=111957472159&gclid=Cj0KCQjwv-DaBRCcARIsAI9sba8fdXpkjaUlg4N3kwV1r-CCxqDVhkDCpr9TqsSuhLahOVncpM0nqVgaAst7EALw_wcB