Reveal Sound Spire won't load AU presets in Logic

Hey guys, hope you're all doing great.

I'm running the latest version of Logic Pro X and Spire 1.1 (fully licensed of course, no dodgy stuff on my system). I've recently been saving various presets in Logic's native aupreset format as I find it easier to deal with the unified preset browsing experience in Logic instead of dealing with so many preset managers on their quirks.

All my presets for the many plugins I own load and save perfectly but Spire 1.1 doesn't seem to like aupresets. Funnily enough, Spire 1.0 works fine.

I contacted Reveal Sound about this and they don't seem to be interested in fixing the problem stating that I should be using their built-in preset manager.

Is anyone experiencing the same problem and have you found any sort of workaround?

Cheers

Fotis

I don't know about Reveal or Spire.

However, could you clarify your issue?

One thing I find in general with aupreset converted 3rd party presets, being that usually, they are more reliable when they first exist as (3rd-party-plugin)-native-preset (in the 3rd party plugin's library) and then saved as (Logic's) aupreset.

Also, from 3rd party version to another, the preset code format may change (even slightly), breaking the "aupreset-original preset" correlation, thus rendering useless/obsolete the related aupreset (which seems to be what you describe)...

Edited by Atlas007

One thing I find in general with aupreset converted 3rd party presets, being that they usually are more reliable when they first exist as (3rd-party-plugin)-native-preset and then saved as aupreset.

Also, from 3rd party version to another, the preset code format may change (even slightly), breaking the "aupreset-original preset" correlation, thus rendering useless/obsolete the related aupreset (which seems to be what you describe)...

Thanks for your reply. Spire is the name of the synth and the company that makes it is called Reveal Sound. It's a very very popular synth in EDM production.

I'm not converting presets. I simply open Spire, program a preset myself and then save the preset using Logic's preset browser. However, it simply won't load what I saved.

This works absolutely perfect for all my other plugins, only Spire is broken. So hoping others have the same problem and maybe have a workaround or solution? As mentioned above, the company seems unwilling to repair this ... not sure why.

One thing I find in general with aupreset converted 3rd party presets, being that they usually are more reliable when they first exist as (3rd-party-plugin)-native-preset and then saved as aupreset.

Thanks for your reply. Spire is the name of the synth and the company that makes it is called Reveal Sound. It's a very very popular synth in EDM production.

I'm not converting presets. I simply open Spire, program a preset myself and then save the preset using Logic's preset browser. However, it simply won't load what I saved.

This works absolutely perfect for all my other plugins, only Spire is broken. So hoping others have the same problem and maybe have a workaround or solution? As mentioned above, the company seems unwilling to repair this ... not sure why.

Have you tried my suggestion?

Have you tried my suggestion?

Yes I have. I tried saving presets in the native Spire preset format (*.spf), loading those and then immediately trying to save those in Logic as presets but there's no change.

• 3 weeks later...
I decided to try the Save Patch approach and it works that way. Not ideal, but at least you can save your presets in a way that's less annoying that Spire's own system (it makes no sense at all, I don't even know why the company is so stubborn about it, but well...).

Hey thanks a lot for your reply. When you say "Save Patch", I assume you mean saving the preset to the library with the channel strip?

I completely agree with you. I know that Reveal Sound are currently developing a better preset manager, but even so, I'd still prefer to manage my presets across all plugins using Logic's native system which I find perfect for my needs and extremely consistent and fast.

If you have some time and can also bug Reveal Sound, that would be great. The more noise we make, the more likely they are to fix the issue for us I hope.

Have a great holiday break!

Fotis

Yes, Patch as the whole channel strip. But I’m sure you are aware of the difference between saving as Patch or Channel Strip Setting. It’s the Patch version. Then you can activate that option that lets you just load the instrument not the whole patch. I’m not in front of the computer but it’s something like “patch merge” I guess. Hope it’s helpful ;)

And yeah I will send them an email as well

Still heard nothing from Reveal Support,maybe cause Holidays now..

Thanks a lot for following up on this, likely you are right about the reply due to the holiday season. Please let me know if you hear anything in return :)

Happy new year :)

Fotis

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...