Closed back is a must.

Robust, well sounding, comfortable, very good isolation against leakage, very widely used in recording studio's: Beyerdynamic DT 770. Around 120 europoundollars

Well sounding, very comfortable, very good isolation against leakage, very cheap for the sound quality: Superlux HD 662F. Around 35 Europoundollars.

Yep, I think the 662 is a clone of the K271 II - I'd expect the K271 to be more durable, plus it has a detachable cable and an automatic mute, which is very handy. The 662 sounds OK though, and is very quiet too. But the headband breaks after two years of use - this happens to all Superluxes with that headband design (AKG-imitation).

Too bad you are such a misanthropist though. "Trash people". Ljubl much?

The lower the ohms, the louder the headphones will be, but not by much. That rating probably means that the Apogee can handle headphones up to that impedance (which is a very high impedance, not sure if there are many with that rating anyway)

https://www.cnet.com/news/headphone-buyers-heres-what-you-need-to-know-about-low-vs-high-impedance-models/

I think that they exaggerate by saying the 600 ohms "sound better" (I'd love to see a blind test about that), but if you only use them on the Apogee, by all means, go for 250 or higher. They can handle ("withstand") more power too, that might also be an advantage - and they still work on iPhones or other simpler equipment (although they will be slghtly less loud than low impedance ones).

The lower the ohms, the louder the headphones will be, but not by much. That rating probably means that the Apogee can handle headphones up to that impedance (which is a very high impedance, not sure if there are many with that rating anyway)

https://www.cnet.com/news/headphone-buyers-heres-what-you-need-to-know-about-low-vs-high-impedance-models/

I think that they exaggerate by saying the 600 ohms "sound better" (I'd love to see a blind test about that), but if you only use them on the Apogee, by all means, go for 250 or higher. They can handle ("withstand") more power too, that might also be an advantage - and they still work on iPhones or other simpler equipment (although they will be slghtly less loud than low impedance ones).

I use Beats wireless for daily activities such as the gym or air travel

The headphones I am looking for for tracking would only be used for recording

• 2 weeks later...
For a tight budget, I really like tracking with my ath-m50x’s. They hve a replaceable cable which is a must for studio cans, although I’ve run mine over with me chair a thousand times and it still looks new. Slightly large (head) band that can feel a little loose but very comfortable and great sound. Even work okay for mixing although not the best for that task.

This is just my 2 cents worth but, you can't go wrong quality wise or price wise with a vintage set of Panasonic EAH-20's, they're made in Japan, built like a tank, and the Best isolation I've ever seen, these are well known to drummers who need the isolation, but they're great for tracking vocals or anything being recorded thru a condenser or ribbon mic, as far as not letting sound bleed get into your recording, the cool thing is you can pick these up for low $$ online used as they're no longer in production, I own two sets and I'm likely to buy more, they're just that stable and sturdy... like I said these are for tracking or when extreme isolation is needed, you can definitely find something more comfortable with higher definition to mix with, but for tracking these kill!!

• 2 weeks later...