Understanding the "Audio Music Apps" folder

Hi

I've just noticed this folder in Mojave. In older operating systems, custom Logic channel strip settings, plug-in settings etc used to be saved to Home Folder> Library> Application Support> Logic. Now they seem to be saved to Home Folder> Music> Audio Music Apps. However, other custom settings not specific to Logic (a custom preset created in a Soundtoys plugin for example) still get saved to Home Folder> Library> Application Support like always. So is the Audio Music Apps folder just a new location for what used to be Home Folder> Library> Application Support> Logic ? Is there anything else of importance to note about this folder?

Thanks

Thanks David. I checked that out but it doesn't seem to apply exactly to what I'm seeing in my OS. In that thread, the Audio Music Apps folder is described as a hard link to the Logic folder that exists inside User Library> Application Support.

However, on my machine there is no Logic folder inside User Library> Application Support. It doesn't exist. This is why I made the assumption that the Audio Music Apps folder is just a new location for what used to be User> Library> Application Support> Logic. So am I correct? I'm using Mojave 10.14.2

App-store apps like Garageband can be restricted to macOS sandboxing, so another application (like Logic) can't access other application settings. The "Audio Music Apps" is inside the home folder, and can be accessed from all applications, so Garageband and Logic and MainStage (and probably others) can share the same samples/settings.