Variable Arpeggiator

I am trying to use an arpeggio that starts out slow then speeds up to the highest rate possible throughout the course of a few bars. I find that Logic's arpeggiator is no good for producing what I hear in my head as it does not allow me to directly select the notes of the arpeggio nor does it allow me to use variable control for the rate.

Do any of you have any ideas on how I can create the imagined arpeggio and effects without much hassle?

I am trying to use an arpeggio that starts out slow then speeds up to the highest rate possible throughout the course of a few bars. I find that Logic's arpeggiator is no good for producing what I hear in my head as it does not allow me to directly select the notes of the arpeggio nor does it allow me to use variable control for the rate.

Do any of you have any ideas on how I can create the imagined arpeggio and effects without much hassle?

Have you tried automating the rate parameter? Or perhaps you could use the project global tempo track to modulate (increase) gradually the playback.

You could export the arpeggio from the Arpeggiator to a MIDI track (using Capture live performance buttons ) and tweak from there the notes you wish to be played back. Looping that region for the required repetitions needed.

Have you tried automating the rate parameter? Or perhaps you could use the project global tempo track to modulate (increase) gradually the playback.

You could export the arpeggio from the Arpeggiator to a MIDI track (using Capture live performance buttons ) and tweak from there the notes you wish to be played back. Looping that region for the required repetitions needed.

I haven't tried these yet, but I have recorded an example of me doing it with my hands on the keyboard. Is there a way I can post the audio file here so you can hear exactly what I'm talking about?

An Arpeggiator normally feeds off the notes played into it so you can't usually specify individual notes in an Arp. You might be thinking of a step-sequencer which does allow you define a value for each step of the sequencer? Some Arps do have step-sequencers built-in which allow to specify pitch offsets from the note(s) played, but the Arpeggiator in Logic's MIDI FX is not one of these.

The Arp in Alchemy does allow you to specify a note offset for each step, so you _could_, by feeding one note to Alchemy, describe your melody with these values. To find it in Alchemy, hit the ARP tab in the lower left of the window and next to where it says 'Step' it says 'Multi' - hit that and write your melody in the TUNE row. You can expand the sequencer length by grabbing and dragging the grey bar to the right of the sequencer.

An Arpeggiator normally feeds off the notes played into it so you can't usually specify individual notes in an Arp. You might be thinking of a step-sequencer which does allow you define a value for each step of the sequencer? Some Arps do have step-sequencers built-in which allow to specify pitch offsets from the note(s) played, but the Arpeggiator in Logic's MIDI FX is not one of these.

The Arp in Alchemy does allow you to specify a note offset for each step, so you _could_, by feeding one note to Alchemy, describe your melody with these values. To find it in Alchemy, hit the ARP tab in the lower left of the window and next to where it says 'Step' it says 'Multi' - hit that and write your melody in the TUNE row. You can expand the sequencer length by grabbing and dragging the grey bar to the right of the sequencer.

Thanks, I completely forgot about the step-sequencer in Alchemy.