Kick/Sub bass frequencies

I am making trance music and hear so many people say that you should always cut your kick and sub bass at around 30Hz. Like it’s a rule for getting a better mix. But when I insert a multimeter in logic and listen to a great sounding track (usually one by John O’Callaghan or will Atkinson), their frequencies for the kick and sub bass are showing information as low as 16Hz. My question is, can most humans hear frequencies this low? Are these frequencies left in the mix so people can really feel it when the track is played on a high quality club system? Is the rule that you should automatically low cut kick/sub bass at around 30Hz not always true?

I want my track to sound bassy but not muddy/drowned in too much bass, but I can’t really tell when I leave these frequencies in the mix. I’m a bit confused haha

Thanks in advance.

Multimeter screenshot of Will Atkinson track attached

48920996-FCA3-44A4-AB2F-3E312120775E.thumb.png.b3bae49107b06d0d20cbc02eaa115fbb.png

Can you link that track? Logic's FFT is not super accurate, and that lows lows can be leftovers from agressive limiting or some saturation, it's not necessarly good, but it's so lower in level than what goes on at 40Hz you probably won't hear a difference if you cut it anyway, on vast majority of systems.

Maybe it was just sloppiness?

PA system, unless great, usually cut at around 40Hz. Better systems go down to 30. Great systems go lower.

Getting good and sensible low-end is art. I cut wherever it makes sense, i don't have a fixed frequency... But I have a room that's treated well for low end and a sub that roars down to 18Hz.

Thanks for your reply. I’m a bit unsure which track it was as I reference a lot, but it may have been this one....

Or this one

Anyway I know these have very low frequencies as I mentioned. Right from the start I think when it is just the Kick/other elements but no sub. It makes sense what you’re saying could contribute to the very low frequencies, but I doubt it’s sloppiness from these two producers as they’re two of the best in trance :) unfortunately I just use sennheiser 650 headphones due to noise complaints so I may not even hear the sub bass properly. I was just wondering why these track go so low In the freq spectrum? Are my settings correct/common on my multimeter? It says the detection is in mono I’ve noticed. I don’t really understand the settings on the multimeter. Thanks again