3rd party Guitar Amp sim plug?

Yes another thread sorry :)

So i sold my Mesa Boogie Mark V, and it left an emotional tone i need to fill digitally.

I don't really care about effects, and don't care that much about speakers either - I'm really interested in the Amp models themselves the most.

After some research, I'm down to Mercuriall ReAxis (as a replacement for my Boogie) and Bias AMP, considered I by far preferred Tweed and crunch modes of my boogie, not the Mark II/MarkIV modes.

This will perhaps be of little help for you, but I left all the others behind recently as I bought a Line 6 Helix (the hardware). Along with it, you get a massive discount for Helix Native (€99 instead of €399) which makes it an absolute no-brainer purchase, especially as you can drag and drop presets (or just parts of them) between the editor for the hardware and the plugin.

Now, I would very unlikely just purchase the plugin (too expensive), but if you record guitars yourself regularly, it might be worth considerin an HX Stomp, the little sibling of the Helix/Floor, the most noticeable thing possibly being that it also works as an audio interface and features an excellent input section to track DI guitars (including a digitally controlled analog impedance switch).

My workflow right now is like: Create/use whatever patch in the hardware, record just the DI guitar and call up the same patch (or just drag it) in the plugin. Allows me to record without ever having to deal with latency issues and while I can monitor the same sound that might end up on the recording later on, I still have all the freedom of finetuning each and every parameter.

In addition, the Helix'es serve pretty fine as reamping boxes (for analog gear).

Personally, I couldn't be any happier, apart from some minor issues it's almost like the holy grail for me (and I hardly ever say such things). But obviously, this also has to do a whole lot with the fact that my main job is playing live - for which I'm using the Helix as well.