Im speechless (Solved)

Go to solution Solved by triplets,

I cant get the Mic to record or even capture My voice in some way that is audible except if i put 3 compressors 5 limiters and then crank every gain knob Up the roof. Of course does this sound like s#!+ with thousands of flies flying around it. Please help me fix this issue that is killing me.

I would like to hear My voice as I record it, besides getting an actual soundwave occuring at the channels track. I get a flatline (as i die inside) and a whispering sound. I dont know if theres another tread about this. In that case direct me there. Otherwise just please help me.

Edited by Vide

Yes i did but still no real input to the daw. Its putting thru a small amount of sound but in the daw i get a flat Line. I mean, it should att least show some waves. This is not the first time I have this problem and it has been with different microphones. Its something I just cant figurebout to make it works. Ive had a audiotechnicha at2020 with a Scarlet 2i1 and Same issues.

i think scarletts are s#!+ and they've had some phantom power issues in the past.

but:

Do you have a balanced 3-wire cable?

If you don't have a balanced cable, phantom power wont work.

Do you know that the microphone is working for certain?

Do both inputs behave the same?

Yes i did but still no real input to the daw. Its putting thru a small amount of sound but in the daw i get a flat Line.

Ive had a audiotechnicha at2020 with a Scarlet 2i1 and Same issues.

Then something is not right in your setup. Just by tapping a condenser mic with your finger you should have input showing.

Someone in another forum told me it could be a security setting on the Mac regarding integrity, that i have to allow logic to use the microphones. What do you think about that? Im not able check it tonight but ill do it tomorrow by lunch.

Someone in another forum told me it could be a security setting on the Mac regarding integrity, that i have to allow logic to use the microphones. What do you think about that? Im not able check it tonight but ill do it tomorrow by lunch.

If you are on Mac OSX Mojave, then go to System Preferences and the Security Tab and make sure Logic has access to the Microphone.

Heres the bitter sweet reality of my life. The Mic was turned at the wrong direction and it has a kidney reception. Also I have to put the input gain way up because its an old scarlet interface. Everythings working fine. Feels good to give you guys a great laugh and thanks for your fast replies!