Connecting keyboard

Hi there, I am new to Logic so please forgive my lack of knowledge! I have just connected my keyboard (nothing fancy, just generic sounds) through an audio interface and have begun recording keys parts into logic without a problem.

My question is - am I then able to alter the sound that I am playing on the keyboard within logic i.e. can I play a bass-line or string part on the keyboard and alter the instrument sound in Logic?

I have been advised that you can do this however I can't for the life of me figure out how.

Thank you!

The usual practice is to create separate tracks for different sounds, and you can play that different sound with the same keyboard simply by selecting that track.

I assume that you get the sound from a software instrument in Logic.

If on the other hand the sound is coming from the sounds in your keyboard, the setup is different (though still with different tracks). It also depends on whether your keyboard has multitimbral capabilities (meaning that it can produce different sounds simultaneously - look in its manual to ascertain that, should be in the specs section, and/or in the MIDI implementation chart). To do that you have to assign different MIDI channels for each sound.

• 2 weeks later...