Reverb Pedals Advice

Hi guys,

Been looking into getting a reverb pedal lately.

What i really want is to have like an ethereal sound. Preferable true bypass.

Just wanted to know what you guys would recommend best for the job.

I have looked at TC Electronics Hall of Fame, and the EHX Cathedral reverb, and they are both lovely, but is there better? And more to my needs?

Thanks for any help!

I have both the pedals you mention, and for some reason, I'm not such a fan of the EHX cathedral. I cant exactly tell you why, especially when I usually love EHX pedals, and the Cathedral seems to have all the right features, but in the end, I don't use it ever. The TC Hall of Fame is, I think, one of the most go-to reverb pedals. of the last few years. It does everything right, and it sounds great. Many of my guitarist colleagues, irrespective of genre, are using this. It's easy to use and dial in a good sound. That being said, it doesn't really do anything crazy.

Some other options that I know are well loved, and can get wild, are:

As hybridarts mentioned, The strymon Big sky.

Empress Reverb

Space Reverb by Evenitide

A non-guitarist film composer friend has got the Avalanche Run v2 by earthquakes devices, and he loves it.

And Chase Bliss makes a crazy reverb called the dark world. I've got this as well, and it does some great stuff.

If your aim is just for classic reverb sounds, from spring to big halls, nothing to wild, then the hall of fame is super value, small, totally functional and easy to use.

If youre into crazy and more experimental, natural sounds, I think one of the others will satisfy for sure.

A