4K Television or Monitor?

Hi all,

I'm looking to get an ultrawide monitor or a 4K television to add more screen real estate for using Logic.

My primary use is Logic and internet. I do watch a lot of video content on Youtube and for classes, but I don't game on my computer, and rarely watch movies, so high frame rates shouldn't be a major concern.

I did hook up an old Vizio 32" and it looked awful, but that tv came out WAY before 4K.

Anyone out there who has used both and can point out anything I might be missing regarding going with the television?

Thanks!

Display latency can be a big problem. A TV has all the time in the world to come up with a picture. If it tkaes half a second to decode 1 frame and fill the buffer, so be it, just delay the sound by the same amount and eberyone is happy, right ?

Except the TV can't delay Logic's audio in your application. Same when displaying a movie window.

So check thoroughly for real wolrd latency.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Oh, yeah. I know that feeling when you go from a small display to a big one. Been working behind a 13-inch laptop for a very long time. And about a month ago I switched to a 32-inch 4k TV. Now the laptop mostly serves as a second display. I like to turn on the TV movies in good quality with 123movies. And enjoy the great sound and picture. Or program through my laptop. And display the program on the TV screen. Or edit photos on it, because it has perfect color reproduction. I'm very happy with my purchase. It is really cool! Edited by kiki220

Thanks all! Sorry for coming back so late. I’m not getting emails when I get replies anymore. I’ll have to change that.

Ended up getting a 32inch ultrawide from LG and LOVE it. Can’t imagine doing everything on a laptop screen.

When you die, if you have been a very bad person, you spend eternity working in a DAW on a laptop display.

Edited by Ashermusic
  • Haha 1

• 2 years later...
On 5/6/2021 at 6:31 PM, Ashermusic said:

When you die, if you have been a very bad person, you spend eternity working in a DAW on a laptop display.

Depends on how you make music. We spent decades recording onto devices without any display at all, so in that regard, any small display is a *luxury*! 😉