Can you identify this synth sound?

Could also be something that started life in Sculpture - try fiddling with this preset I threw together.

Sculpture is a "wild thang" though. Unless you are a genius like Fuzzfilth it can be quite hard to control the sound via the dazzling array of modulatory parameters.

Start with this approximation.

Put the preset in

1285874188_pic2020-02-24at00_11_44.png.ede7e1d234c3b7804b4a62ff0e85bcba.png

Syaxorynxiophonotronic.pst

Just curious: where (the hell) did you take that name?

You mean "SideBMusic"? If so, several years ago a friend and I started a small music label and called it SideBMusic. We released a few things for some independent artists. I sold my half of the business to my partner a few years ago, but he did nothing more with it.

Just curious: where (the hell) did you take that name?

You mean "SideBMusic"? If so, several years ago a friend and I started a small music label and called it SideBMusic. We released a few things for some independent artists. I sold my half of the business to my partner a few years ago, but he did nothing more with it.

Interesting story! Sorry but no, I wasn't referring to your alias origin...

I was curious about the name ("Syaxorynxiophonotronic") ErikSimon had given to its preset...

Interesting story! Sorry but no, I wasn't referring to your alias origin...

I was curious about the name ("Syaxorynxiophonotronic") ErikSimon had given to its preset...

LOL. And I was wondering the same thing about Syaxorynxiophonotronic!

Could also be something that started life in Sculpture - try fiddling with this preset I threw together.

Sculpture is a "wild thang" though. Unless you are a genius like Fuzzfilth it can be quite hard to control the sound via the dazzling array of modulatory parameters.

Start with this approximation.

Put the preset in

pic 2020-02-24 at 00.11.44.png

I downloaded your preset file. I'm not sure I got it installed correctly. I found the IndianSax (or whatever the original was), and another called IndianSax+, but nothing with the name you created (What a mouthful of syllables!) I tinkered with the "IndianSax" and could not get rid of the nasally sound. But the original sound is somewhat close to what I am looking for.

In the meantime, I tried this. I had found a synth sound that was close after I tinkered with a few settings. But I noticed it was missing something. It occurred to me that there may have been two sounds taking place simultaneously (Harmonics?). I did not know how to do this within the EXS24, (It may have been one of the others.) So, I made another track where I was able to create the second sound. My idea is to copy the MIDI to both tracks and have them play together. I'll be able to mix them until I get the right balance of sound.