Macbook Pro 16" Base Model

Hello LogicPro Members,

i´ve just ordered the macbook pro 16" base model (i7, 16gb Ram, 512 ssd) for logic pro x.

Do you think, the specs are okay for:

Recording with some guitar and drum plugins.

Recording Vocals and Acoustic Guitar with microphones.

I´ve watched many videos on youtube - and to my surprise, the i9 processor was more important than more memory (in my case - upgrade to 32GB) ...

The upgrade to more memory is soooo expensive, but the upgrade to the i9 with an 1TB SSD (and better Graphic Card: 5300 -> 5500) is "acceptable" in my opinion.

Do you have any experience with the new MBP?

Thank you so much,

best regards

btw: I want to record this type of music again

It so sad, that you cańt upgrade the memory anymore. But what is more important - the processor or the memory? With my old Laptop, i worked with Cubase, you cant get enough from memory in the pc. But all the videos about benchmarks with logic, the processor is sooo important. I don’t know.

The processor is important for plug-ins that are demanding in CPU resources. That's typically complex synthesizer plug-ins, or many demanding Audio FX plug-ins. In your situation it doesn't sound like you would be using so many of those (compared to, say, a dance music producer).

RAM is important for loading many large resources in RAM such as audio samples. In your situation it doesn't sound like you would be using so many samples (compared to, say, a film composer basing their entire productions on the constant use of multiple large orchestral sample libraries).

So while in the computer world more is nearly always better, at some point you have to be realistic, consider your actual needs and your budget and make a decision. In your case I wouldn't overthink it as the use of Logic Pro X you describe doesn't indicate a heavy use of either CPU or RAM.