Getting A New Screen

I think with logic having so many visual grid patterns and long straight lines, it would drive me crazy. As you moved around (up and down mostly), regions would no longer be perfectly straight. Might even make working in piano roll a little tricky. I generally sit front and center but at different heights (higher if recording an acoustic guitar part on a tall stool for example, and even more so of standing and singing). But I’m not a fan of curved screens anyway, so may be biased.

Seems like it would also make working on dual monitors weird.

Disclaimer: I have never used a curved screen for extended periods of time.

However a good friend of mine is a web designer/programmer and spends 18 hours on his computer screen. He always has to have the latest and largest screen. He got the first curved screen and told me it was awful. He couldn't check that things were aligned on a design, straight lines looked curved, a nightmare. He started the procedure to return the screen. Then within a few days, he got used to it. He now works with large curved screen exclusively. He wouldn't have it any other way.

The lesson is, as with most things in life... you get used to them. Personally I don't feel like I absolutely need one, but if I were in the market for a new screen then I wouldn't shy away from a large curved screen for Logic.

Imagine not having to scroll horizontally to see your entire session. Not having to choose which buttons to hide in your Control bar, etc.... :

maxresdefault.jpg

Disclaimer: I have never used a curved screen for extended periods of time.

However a good friend of mine is a web designer/programmer and spends 18 hours on his computer screen. He always has to have the latest and largest screen. He got the first curved screen and told me it was awful. He couldn't check that things were aligned on a design, straight lines looked curved, a nightmare. He started the procedure to return the screen. Then within a few days, he got used to it. He now works with large curved screen exclusively. He wouldn't have it any other way.

The lesson is, as with most things in life... you get used to them. Personally I don't feel like I absolutely need one, but if I were in the market for a new screen then I wouldn't shy away from a large curved screen for Logic.

Imagine not having to scroll horizontally to see your entire session. Not having to choose which buttons to hide in your Control bar, etc.... :

maxresdefault.jpg

seriously, if i went for a screen like that, i'd have my eyes surgically moved farther towards the side of my face...

Thanks for the replies. The screens I'm looking at aren't expensive and for the moment I think the old-fashioned screen is the right choice for me. Being a cheapskate when it comes to screens I will probably stick with it for 10 years :-)