Distortion pedal into interface then into Logic???

You don't NEED anything but you can add whatever you feel like, depending on the result desired. Some guitar players like to use a distortion pedal in front of the preamp section of their amp, so you could use a full amp. Ultimately, try to get an idea of the tone you're going for and experiment until you find something you like.

Hello,

Do I just need a speaker sim if I want to use an overdrive/distortion pedal (Friedman BE OD Deluxe) going into my audio interface to record in Logic X?

Thanks

I would double check that going into your interfaces's instrument input it doesn't sound like S**T first! :D

But you need a guitar amp plugin for sure.

Hello,

Do I just need a speaker sim if I want to use an overdrive/distortion pedal (Friedman BE OD Deluxe) going into my audio interface to record in Logic X?

Thanks

I would double check that going into your interfaces's instrument input it doesn't sound like S**T first! :D

But you need a guitar amp plugin for sure.

Definitely needed an amp sim plugin. :) I just used one of the Fender style amp sims in Logic, turned the gain down to zero on the amp sim, then adjusted the gain on the Friedman OD pedal. Weird thing is, when I used two speaker sims with the pedal...Redwirez and one of Logic's speaker sims...it sounded much better than using only one speaker sim. Doesn't sound half bad actually.

Yeah the only rule really is whatever sounds good! :D

Absolutely!

Now I wonder if I should get an actual amp like I was planning on doing to put the pedal in front of, or spend the money I was going to spend on the amp on a good audio interface instead? I am using an Apogee Jam at the moment.