nanoKONTROL2 Control Setup

Go to solution Solved by facej,

Hi all - first time poster here!

I am curious about the setup for my nanoKONTROL2. When I first fire-up Logic Pro to get the nanoKONTROL2 working I have to go to Control Surfaces, click the nanoKONTROL2 icon, press delete (whereupon, it disappears), unplug the nanoKONTROL2 USB, then plug it back in. After that it works.

Thing is that I have to do this every single time I fire up Logic Pro.

I get that I might need to do this once when I first ever set up the device, but it strikes me as a bit odd that I need to do it every single time I fire up the iMac and load up Logic Pro (it's not particularly time consuming, just a bit of a pain). In fact, it took me ages to find this sequence of events to get the nanoKONTROL2 Control working. To be fair, after that it works perfectly, but I was wondering if I'm doing something wrong that I have to do that every single time.

Another irritation is that I don't use the faders for volume control, but have reassigned them and every time I do the above sequence the faders get linked back to the track volume and I have to then also delete the fader - volume controller assignments.

Anyway, I was wondering if it was normal to have to take the above steps every time?

Thanks!

• Solution

it's normal for the nanoKONTROL2 these days - sigh. There is a warning on the KORG site that says that the control surface plugin has issues...there hasn't been a solution posted by KORG. I moved past version 10.4.5 in Logic, so I abandoned my nanoKONTROL2

* A serious problem has been confirmed with the compatibility of GarageBand 10.3.3 and Logic Pro X 10.4.5 or later. If you are using the nanoKONTROL2 Control Surface plug-in for GarageBand / Logic, please refrain from updating to GarageBand 10.3.3 or Logic Pro X 10.4.5 or later while we work on a solution.

Thanks, FaceJ. In a way I'm pleased that I'm not being entirely stupid. I can get it working, so that's great, and when it does work it works well. At the moment I have my eye on a Behringer BCR2000 so hopefully that will eventually replace the nanoKONTROL2 for main functionality, which I can then use as a backup. I wonder when KORG will sort the problem out (if ever!).

Anyway, if anyone else does buy the nanoKONTROL2 and cannot figure out the sequence to get it to work properly, the above should help.

KORG has much newer tools than the nanoKONTROL 2 (2011).

Save up your $$ and get an X-Touch Universal Controller - it's a Mackie Control clone the works just like the Mackie Control chapter in the Logic Pro X Control Surfaces manual. It was basically made to control Logic Pro. Absolutely wonderful. Already programmed ;-)

• 2 months later...
KORG has much newer tools than the nanoKONTROL 2 (2011).

Save up your $$ and get an X-Touch Universal Controller - it's a Mackie Control clone the works just like the Mackie Control chapter in the Logic Pro X Control Surfaces manual. It was basically made to control Logic Pro. Absolutely wonderful. Already programmed ;-)

Good call. If Spitefire didn't keep releasing such great samples, I could probably afford to get one! :-)

• 1 month later...