DOES LOGIC HAVE THIS MIDI FEATURE? Will save me lots of time

Hey everyone,

Hoping this midi technique exists.

If I have a midi part that is playing triplets , let's say d,e,a repeatedly for a couple of bars (by feel , not robotic)

then I think of a harmony line, that will also be a triplet that just repeats...and I want the harmony line to be exactly synced to the original line..

is there a shortcut other than manually adjusting the notes?

you could, in the piano roll, highlight all the notes in one phrase, then option-drag to where the harmony is (ie up a fifth); this would copy the original notes. then you could, for example, click on the left in the piano roll (where the keyboard is), click on a note that you want to, for example, move up a half-step (if u need this); that will highlight that note across the phrase, and you can click and drag one of them up (or down); the other same notes will follow.

endless possibilities. you can slightly move the new line in time. you can do it again, and make another harmony.

and so on (& probably someone here could have explained that in less sentences) :mrgreen:

you could, in the piano roll, highlight all the notes in one phrase, then option-drag to where the harmony is (ie up a fifth); this would copy the original notes. then you could, for example, click on the left in the piano roll (where the keyboard is), click on a note that you want to, for example, move up a half-step (if u need this); that will highlight that note across the phrase, and you can click and drag one of them up (or down); the other same notes will follow.

endless possibilities. you can slightly move the new line in time. you can do it again, and make another harmony.

and so on (& probably someone here could have explained that in less sentences) :mrgreen:

I think I see what you're saying...wow great idea!! thanks a lot! will try

I think I see what you're saying...wow great idea!! thanks a lot! will try

Hi,

You can save the first part as a groove preset by selecting it and using the quantize menu on the inspector. Then you can apply that to the new parts.

thanks a lot, will look into groove presets..sounds like an intriguing topic in any case..

Hi,

You can save the first part as a groove preset by selecting it and using the quantize menu on the inspector. Then you can apply that to the new parts.

thanks a lot, will look into groove presets..sounds like an intriguing topic in any case..