i need help finding an audio interface/mic

so basically i need a mic. i’ve been looking at USB ones so far, but i heard i could also get a cheap audio interface and a cheap xlr mic or whatever (and it would be worth it in the long run). i don’t really have a budget but anything under $100 is great. maybe $120 but that’s a stretch lol because my parents don’t support me but oh well.

also idk what mics work with an audio interface because i’ve only been educating myself on USB mics lol oops. so if u could please tell me what an xlr mic is and whatnot that would be great !

thank u so much :)

"For the absolutely-nothing that it may be worth," I personally decided to find – separately – "a microphone and an interface." I think that I found a pretty good deal on both, and so far they serve my purposes.

"Gently used" equipment is available at every good music store even if you need to poke around a bit to find it. Pawn shops are sometimes a good source, too. (All of us, of course, are always "trading up," and the stuff we get rid of has to go somewhere!)

I decided to address each issue separately, to avoid unwanted compromises. The section of analog cable is only two feet long. Your mileage may vary.™