Logic Pro X quality?

Hello,

My name is Gilbert. I have been making music for many years now, and something I've seemed to struggle with throughout the years is getting a decent mix out of my tracks. I think it is important to note that I've watched hundreds of tutorials online regarding how to layer instruments, what frequencies to keep in mono/stereo, how to do subtractive EQ, how to 'mix&master' and even getting mentorship from other music producers. However, with that being said, I still have trouble from time to time (seems like lately more often than not) that I can't seem to get a great mix out of my productions. I do not use too many layers with my instruments, in fact, mostly all the layering is done through the oscillators within the VSTs themselves. However, I still can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong.

I produce Synthwave/Cinematic, Trance & House on a Macbook pro i7 2014. I am currently using the demo trial of Logic Pro X 2020 before I go ahead & purchase it. However, I've used Logic Pro X since 2014 when apple first released it. I just decided to try out the demo version for the updates & new features before I by it. I think it's an amazing DAW and I went from using FL Studio, to Cubase to Logic Pro X. I have a 6i6 Scarlett Focusrite which I use as my audio interface within Logic Pro X. I also use 5 main VSTs that I've bought over the years; Union by Soundspot, Spire by Reveal Sound, Ana synth 1 & Ana synth 2 by Sonic Academy and Korg's synthesizer bundle emmulator. When I compare my productions to my reference tracks, they almost sound too wide or not blended well enough. And even though I try to use (what I am able to hear) the same amount of sounds/instruments that my reference track has, I still can't seem to get a decent mix or good quality sounding track. And the way I know, is that when I raise the volume on my 6i6 to where it's really loud, it's unpleasant. However, when I do the same thing to my reference tracks, it is not unpleasant. It's loud yes, but not unpleasant. Keep in mind that nothing is distorted, it's just not pleasant. My levels are usually at around -10 DB and I make sure to adjust the levels within each midi track as oppose to just lowering the master bus. I also have tried switching the audio sample rate from 44.1 to 96, and while there is a noticeable difference, it still doesn't sound like it's at the best quality. Again, I want to point out that 50% of the time I am able to get out what I think it's a decent, even great mix from my productions. but I feel I should be able to do this all the time with what I've learned. Yet I still feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Do I not have the right equipment? Am I not getting the best quality from my VSTs? Am I not using the proper settings within Logic Pro X? I am going to link a song I am currently working on and I am going to also link the reference track I used. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I am even willing to compensate anyone for extensive assistance in this. I know this was long to read, so I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

- Gilbert (from The Shores of Orion)

My production in progress: https://soundcloud.com/theshoresoforion/tsoo-trapped-inside-july-27th-2020-mast/s-c8hII22tIwx

Reference track: