Zynaptiq Adaptiverb & Latency

Are there any Adaptiverb users here? I just downloaded the trial version & the latency is terrible! Even the played note sounds late.I tried bouncing the track but the effect shows up delayed on the bounced in place track! A great plugin but what a shame.I have so many other plugins that run well in Logic but never had such issues.

While using a reverb or delay plugin ,shouldn't the first note we play be mixed with the effect or do all reverb plugins sound only after the first dry note is sounded? Just wondering what you guys think.

I am using an iMac with 4.2 processor,40 GB memory & an Apogee duet interface.Wondering why latency is so much of an issue while using a single audio track with adaptiverb.

Reverberation in essence being the complex echo happening in a closed environment which walls' surface material doesn't absorb completely the sound, by definition a reverb is an elaborate multi delay (echo).

Does your Adaptiverb is set to fully wet and instantiated as an insert on the instrument's channelstrip?