If Novation gear has the best integration with Ableton, what brand has the best integration with Logic Pro x?

• 1 month later...

I'd say Logic control on iPad is a killer combination.

And it's free!

If you don't have an iPad, then I can vouch for the XTouch Universal (that's the name of the full one).

It uses the MCU protocol, which is surprisingly thorough.

It takes time it learn it, because it's like another instrument.

I personally wouldn't recommend Nektar stuff.

I had a P6 and the integration was so fiddly I was reinstalling/resetting once a month.

I've also read that the Nektarine software has caused problems and it's not ready for prime time.

If you're into Native Instrument stuff, the Komplete Kontrol series is pretty nifty, I have an S88MKI and an S61MKII.

It's really flexible in you are an in the box, non live player.

There are seveal companies that produce controllers, but since many companies tend to be AbletonAbletonAbleton, make sure you read the documentation of every product that peaks your interest.

Even though it may say Logic compatible, I've seen tha Logic functionality can sometimes pale in comparison to other DAWs. (cough Ableton)

Then you should go to as many forums as possible and see what people actually say about the Logic compatibility and the functionality of the unit in general.

It may sound like overkill, but you want to make as an informed decision as you can.

It's a waste of money/time to buy something and not have it be what you want.

I've seen countless times people venting their concerns over why a product doesn't do what they expected it to.

If they had read the manual they would have seen it didn't support what they assumed it would do.

Good luck in your search!