Roland System-1 Latency

Hi,

I have just bought a new Roland System-1 synth.

I have plugged it into my Scarlett 18i20 via a jack cable and the interface's second input.

I'm currently experiencing a huge deal of latency issues when i try to use my synth on Logic 9.

On top of this when i turn the synth on it changes all the other tracks tho the synth sound.

I thought it by be the USB System-1 driver but i have successfully installed this.

My own suspicion is that i need to update my logic as it is an old version but any otjer suggestions to fix these two problems would be much appreciated.

Thank you

The I/O setting is 32 and the roundtrip latency is 5.8ms

That's below 10ms, so you shouldn't have audible latency.

You probably have a latency-inducing plugin somewhere in the project, like an Adaptive Limiter, Linear Phase EQ or Multipressor. These create latency regardless, you cannot use them while recording, you have to remove them from the channel strip.

Hard to say if your issue is the operating system, the logic version, or something else.

I'm using Logic 10.5.1 on a 2012 laptop with OSX Mojave on it and I have no issues.

Maybe you should consider updating to OSX Sierra first. See how that works.

Because if you buy Logic X now, I don't know if it will let you buy the newest version (meaning an older version instead of the latest) for the OSX version you have right now.

The App Store has been acting very stubbornly lately.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211683

I would not update to Catalina in your case with a 2012 iMac.