Melodyne Essential worth the money?

Hello all,

Hoping you may have some advice to help me make a decision. I purchased Melodyne Essential at half-off for Black Friday, having done a free trial some time ago. I guess I didn't realize just how limited it would be, and assumed I'd have the same basic functionality that any pitch correction software has. That doesn't come until Assistant, and I find the Logic Flextime tool to be fine for small adjustments in pitch only.

Do you think Essential is worth keeping or should I return it until I decide I want Assistant?

I bought Melodyne Essential on the same deal and have A/B'd it a couple of times with Flex Pitch. I liked it a bit better than Flex Pitch on one vocal track--basic pitch editing was a bit easier and had fewer artifacts. On the other track, I couldn't really hear much difference. Overall, I find the Melodyne user interface clearer and easier to read than the low-contrast mess that Flex Pitch uses.