Re: Logic Pro Samples ???

Hi

Regarding sample library's and CPU power, if i intend to work with one sample library without running multiple library's and instruments simultaneously in any given project in Logic, would it still be recommended to install the library on a seperate SSD? Or would i be good to go with the stock SSD in a MacBook Pro?

The music production I'm involved in consists of solo piano recordings in Logic, therefore its rare I would ever run a second sample library at the same time. Given the above scenario would this justify being able to run the one library on the stock drive without excessive demand on the CPU?

The location of your library may affect HD streaming resources (if and only if your library performs sample streaming), however it does not affect CPU resources. You should be fine with your library on your system drive unless you're starting to use multiple large libraries or are running low on free empty space on the system drive.

You should be fine with your library on your system drive unless you're starting to use multiple large libraries or are running low on free empty space on the system drive.

The internal drive consists of Logics full sample library and Garritans CFX Concert grand piano library, as mentioned it's only the CFX library that will be active in Logic, there is not masses of drive space left, but would that effect the CFX library whilst running in logic?

How many GB out of how many GB of space left exactly? You can find out that info in the Apple menu > About This Mac.

The MacBook Pro i use is strictly for music

production, not common use, no internet, emails, dowloding, only music creation, therefore after installing the CFX library there will be nothing more added to the drive, all Logic projects and bounced WAV files will be backed up to an external.

With both Logic and the CFX library, including system DATA there will be approximately 10Gb left, as mentioned there will be only one sample library and VI active in any project as i only write for the piano, Am i good to go with the internal SSD ?

10 GB isn't enough space left available on your hard drive, so for best performance you really want to free up some space on your hard drive. It is recommended that you keep at least 20 to 25% of free empty space on your hard drive at all times, so if for example you have a 256 GB drive then I would recommend you keep at least 50 GB empty space on that drive, otherwise your Mac may start slowing down.

I understand, i would of preferred everything to be on the internal drive but obviously 10Gb is simply not enough space, ideally i intend to replace the internal drive for a 1Tb SSD, but due to a music project commitment I'm not in a position to go ahead with that at this point.

Thanks for your support David, it's been helpful.