Novation Launchkey Mk3 Integration with Logic

TLDR: Does the Novation Launchkey MK3 works well with Logic Pro X? How about when compared with Arturia Keylab Mk2 and Nektar P6/T6?

Are the Novation products relatively durable or break down within 2-3 years? Anyone who regretted buying the Launchkey MK3?

Hi all, I’m just wondering if there’s anyone who has bought the Novation Launchkey MK3 that’s newly launched this year? Can I ask how’s the integration of it with the Logic DAW, and if it’s really plug and go without much configuration or mapping needed at the start.

I’m on a lookout for a new midi controller upgrade from my old Akai MPK mini, as I’m finally trying to setup my own small home studio/corner, for music production/songwriting after being on hiatus for a few years. Used to bring the Akai around to just to feed notes into Logic when I was starting out on the hobby, but I find that it’s very limiting after a while.

So far I have been looking at Nektar P6/T6; Arturia Keylab Mk2 88; Roland Rd-88; and finally this Novation Launchkey MK3.

Was dead set on getting the Nektar P6 initially as it was widely raved by the Logic community, but the distributor in my country discountinued bringing it in. So that leaves the T6 from Nektar.

I almost bought the Arturia Mk2 88 when I went to look at it - solid build, gorgeous looking, the keybed was okay-ish to me, heard that the integration with Logic was good. But something went wrong during the sales demo, and the sales ppl did not know what went wrong, so I hesitated, and the last stocks are gone in literally 2 days.

At the showroom, I also stumbled upon the Roland RD-88 and I was attracted to how nice the keybed felt, and the onboard sounds are so darn nice. Was really contemplating on having a keyboard just for playing + a separate pads/faders/knobs controller combo.

Having said that, I’m not a synth player, and I don’t think I have a need for like 90% of the sounds in there even though they sound nice. I can always use the VSTs. And there’s the price tag :/

Then I stumbled upon the Novation Launchkey Mk3 on a Sweetwater YT demo video. It really looked like so much fun to play around with (I mean just look at Jacob Duprey’s happy excited face). I guess the only thing I didn’t like was the keybed when I tried pressing it at the shop. But given the wallet-friendly price vs the tech, plus I get to try out Ableton Live Lite, I thought that it’s rather worth it all in all.

But the most impt question lies in its integration with Logic (my main/only DAW for now), hence I’m seeking useful feedback from people who has already gotten them, if any.

I’ve also heard some murmurs in regards to the durability of Novation’s hardware, that parts tend to fail here and there after a while, like a 2-3 years, is that true?

Given all that, what would be your take on this? Would it be better if I go back to the Nektar and get the T6; or wait for the Arturia MK2 88; or just focus on the Keybed and get a good keyboard with another controller on the side?

Any other useful advices or recommendations are also welcome.