effect for per note panning automation?

Hi. Was brainstorming a particular cheesy stereo effect I’d like on something, and I’m unsure how to do it. It could be an audio effect, but it seems like midi is more equipped to detect the beginnings of notes...

1 synth (mono in this case)

Every note played is assigned sequentially to a new channel (lets say in this case 8 channels... cycled)

Channels have panning automation that starts in pan center at the beginning of each note and travel to either the L or R, alternating with each channel.

I’d like to be able to put a delay effect (audio) on each of those channels... (so this may have to go to audio tracks, not channels)

Fairly simple in concept, but being that it’s sort of a combination of audio and midi trickery I’m not sure. I could see this being an effect in a synth box with multiple outs... If there isn’t a plugin already for something like this, is it programmable in Logic? I was thinking about the environment page (my age is showing haha) but can’t think of a way to have the individual channels know to start the panning automation when a note is received...

Perhaps I’m over thinking it...

Thanks for any suggestions.

Oooh. That way I wouldn’t need to even worry about all this multi-channel stuff. That’s good. Thanks.

But how would one get an envelope pan to alternate between going to the left and the right per note?

Perhaps set it up as two patches and alternate between the two patches per note... hmmm.

And the delay... I’m not sure that would follow the pan after the note ended... maybe a midi delay would work, but wouldn’t that re-trigger the envelope?