A technical support community for Apple Logic Pro users.

bebenavole
Topic Author

Cell phone tower signal junk

Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:15 pm

Any of you have trouble with cell phone tower signal interfering with your tube preamps or mics?
thnx
www.myspace.com/bebenavole
www.youtube.com/bebenavole
-------------------------------
MacBook Pro 2.2
Logic 8 - 8.0.2
Focusrite Saffire
Edirol PCR-M30
ZOOM H2

SarahSimm

Re: Cell phone tower signal junk

Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:24 pm

I hear the radio when turn on my guitar amp. It's a typical issue for flats, cause the wiring is usually cheap and there's no propper ground

David Nahmani
Site Admin

Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:41 pm

SarahSimm wrote:
I hear the radio when turn on my guitar amp. It's a typical issue for flats, cause the wiring is usually cheap and there's no propper ground

I've had this issue before. It's typically a shielding issue, which could come from the amp, the guitar cable or the guitar itself.
David Nahmani
• My Logic Pro X 10.5 book (Apple Pro Training Series)
Contact me for Private Lessons
Logic Pro X 10.6.1
MacBook Air 1.3 GHz i5 — MacOS X 11.0.1 — 4 GB RAM
iMac 3.2 GHz Quad Core i5 — MacOS X 10.15.4 — 8 GB RAM

MikeRobinson

Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:03 am

Your house wiring is supposed to be connected to a big, fat metal stake driven deeply into the ground, but construction folks sometimes skimp. An electrician can use a meter to assess the true quality of your ground ... and make sure that the builders actually connected all three wires to your outlets!

I have some musical friends who, when they set up their home studios, bought "some kind of an electrical filter-box" that they attached to its own dedicated ground stake. (I don't know details.)
Mike Robinson
"I wanna quit being a computer consultant and become a composer and arranger at age fifty-nevermind."
Logic Pro X, MacBook Pro, 88-key MIDI controller.
Just south of Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA

bebenavole
Topic Author

Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:44 am

this has nothing to do with grounding. Ive called the national agency in charge of emf regulations and they detected it's coming from a nearby cell tower. So it's basically in the air. What is worrying is that my Rode K2 tube mic and the SPL tube preamp are picking it up too.Faintly but it's there enough to be audible in the recording
www.myspace.com/bebenavole

www.youtube.com/bebenavole

-------------------------------

MacBook Pro 2.2

Logic 8 - 8.0.2

Focusrite Saffire

Edirol PCR-M30

ZOOM H2

SarahSimm

Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:38 pm

bebenavole wrote:
this has nothing to do with grounding. Ive called the national agency in charge of emf regulations and they detected it's coming from a nearby cell tower. So it's basically in the air. What is worrying is that my Rode K2 tube mic and the SPL tube preamp are picking it up too.Faintly but it's there enough to be audible in the recording

oh, that just turned out very unexpected for me