what are some of the best supersaws you've heard in a track?

I had no idea what a 'supersaw' is. (But there, any expression with the word 'super' in it makes my teeth grate. Same as when people use the word 'dope' to mean 'good').

So I set out on a journey of discovery and now I have found out what a 'supersaw' is. It's a sound that has been absolutely done to death, especially for those of us old enough to have been musicians through the 80s and 90s. Let's all raise a glass to pursuing originality over cliche! :wink:

Personally I can't stand supersaws, but I totally dig the bass sounds Tony Levin had on Peter Gabriel's So, as aptly demonstrated here:

I was playing bass through an octave pedal, a Boss CE2 chorus and a Boss CE2B bass chorus (the brown one with the skirts on the knobs) in the late 1980s and all my musical peers thought I was nuts :lol:

Nothing wrong with some supersaw, I think it's a matter of how you use it in a composition and knowing how to program one without it sounding incredibly cheese, I personally can't really stand the way a lot of mainstream EDM does supersaws but I can't imagine much 'programming' happening in there anyway

There's a lot of examples in my head but it's hard to say 'supersaw' and not think of Lorenzo Senni

without it sounding incredibly cheese

Sounds like the vast majority of EDM to me :wink:

I can't get over the EDM obsession with 808 drum sounds. I'm old enough (just about!) to remember when the 808 came out and we thought it sounded terrible. My opinion hasn't changed. :o