Tv for Logic pro monitor

Hi guys,

I think this is the right forum for this question (apologies if it isn't)

I'm humming and hawing over getting a bigger (maybe 40") tv to use as a monitor for my mac and mainly Logic Pro.

I've read a few things to consider such as the fuzziness of typeset that tvs made have as opposed to real computer monitors.

Does anyone here have a tv as a monitor?

Does logic look good on a big screen or does it lose its sharpness?

Drew

Thank you. I was thinking my post was going to the Dead Letter Office. haha

A dedicated computer monitor is a more appropriate choice but it depends how far you're going to stand from the monitor and it depends what kind of TV you intend to get. I remember the Metallica video when they were recording Load and Reload with Bob Rock. They were using a computer display for the person sitting in front of the computer, plus a TV screen for the musicians sitting on the couch behind him in the back so they could see what was going on on the computer and communicate.

Just to go against the grain, not to be contrarian, but simply because it was my experience. I moved into a furnished apartment 4-5 years ago, it had a flatscreen on the living room wall, coincidently in the same place I was putting my desk. I did the same searches and asked the forums about “tv as monitor” and got the same answers as everyone gets. But in the end, it was a big tv, and to get a similarly sized monitor would have been a silly extra expense. I spent four years at that apartment/studio, and to be honest, I cant remember any big gripes I had with using the TV as my monitor for logic. It wasn’t as sharp as a dedicated monitor, for sure, but I made a lot of music and worked on a lot of productions, and I don’t remember complaining about it.

Granted, I’m not a picky person. It’s not as dire as people make it out out be.

I went down the TV as a monitor rabbit hole too and came back out with a LG 32GK650F-B 32" monitor on an arm mounted to my desk and plugged into my mini. Like others mentioned, the screens are a bit blurry, you end up running in non-native resolutions, colors are off, blah. If you want some crazy big, they also make 43 inch, but be prepared to back your chair up.