I need to get a new Mini, as my good ol' late 2012 will be repurposed. (It's a 16GB, 1TB creature.)

In order to not run into any Logic X performance issues, should i get 16GB of RAM? And what size SSD, given the outrageous price of the 2TB internal (compared to externals I already own)?

Thank you!

Jim

Thank you all for the responses! I see I failed to mention that I am getting an M1 Mini. I read these reports that 8GB is fine because of the improved chip/architecture. But I am the type that holds onto gear forever, so I am inclined to future-proof with 16. The built-in SSD upgrades are so expensive. :-( But the difference between the 512 minimum suggested and 1TB is 'only' $200...

Anyone use the mac mini M1 chip machine with two monitors?

How can I get more ports on the back and what's the best port hub to use with the mini?

If you need thunderbolt, the only port is OWC ThunderBolt Hub.

If you need anything else, I've been using CalDigit TS3+ for two years now, first on intel i7 mini, now on M1 13" Pro

Thank you all for the responses! I see I failed to mention that I am getting an M1 Mini. I read these reports that 8GB is fine because of the improved chip/architecture. But I am the type that holds onto gear forever, so I am inclined to future-proof with 16. The built-in SSD upgrades are so expensive. :-( But the difference between the 512 minimum suggested and 1TB is 'only' $200...

and that's a great benefit for a desktop; an external drive. i archive all my work on an external (which gets backed up!), and have an imac with 512g space... 370g available as i write this (and had it since 2019).

16gb ram, definite. and 512 or 1tb hd... and you should be good to go...