UA Apollo Twin X Duo or Quad?

I’m ready and excited to jump into the UA world of interfaces and DSP plugins. UA is having a bit of a sale from April to June 30th where you get extra plugins in their ‘Heritage Collection’. It’s enough of a deal to make me jump from my MOTU beginnings. Interestingly, the onboard plugins use a lot of the DSP cpu! Check out this useful post on the UA website:

https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/215262223-UAD-2-DSP-Chart

I don’t see myself switching from my current fav plugins to all UA alternatives, but compression, eq and channel strip on the way into Logic is making a lot of sense to me. Best of all, I won’t be using any outboard gear! I’ve been selling old gear to go “minimalist” with my home studio refresh. The UA interface fits right in with this strategy.

Those of you with UA experience.... Duo or Quad?

Quad if you don’t want to run out of juice for the cool plugins.

Agreed. I had a SOLO for what seemed like an eternity. One SHARC processor handling all the plugins I bought over the years. Nah, fam.

I was Tim Allen circa 1990s earlier this month when my x4 came in the mail (I wanted the four preamps for flexibility). But four is always better than two, especially for when you run the hungrier plug-ins. QUAD is what you want.