Reamping with Radial EXTC and pedal in Logic Pro X doesn't work

Ok, what about bringing the faders down on the input channels in the Focusrite software?

That way you're only monitoring in Logic.

Ok, thank you. I will try this later.

Is this something which can cause phase issues when I am mixing in Logic normally, or just when I'm using the hardware inputs on the Focusrite? I haven't thought about disabling the inputs in the Focusrite Control before and I'm a bit worried about it now.

Many of the current interfaces have their own mixing software with direct monitoring to achieve very low latency when recording. Some come even with plugins.

So it can happen that you're hearing 2 signals, direct from the interface and then Logic, hence the chorusing and phasing.

Many of the current interfaces have their own mixing software with direct monitoring to achieve very low latency when recording. Some come even with plugins.

So it can happen that you're hearing 2 signals, direct from the interface and then Logic, hence the chorusing and phasing.

I think this solved it. Thank you once again :)

This is a simpler routing: Set the output of your piano to output 3-4. Set the input on your audio track to input 3. Connect output 3 on your focusrite to Radial in, and Radial out to input 3 on the focusrite. Record arm the audio track and try to record ? The mixer should look like in the screenshot below. To record the other channel, ctrl-click the pan knob on the piano channel strip and select stereo pan, then option-click it to turn it orange, which means left-right is swapped, then record again.

Mixer.png

Thank you for the great answer.

After I've recorded the green and orange stereo versions of the piano, should I pan them hard L and R. Which one should be L and which should be R? :)

I think this solved it. Thank you once again :)

You're welcome!

...Thank you for the great answer.

After I've recorded the green and orange stereo versions of the piano, should I pan them hard L and R. Which one should be L and which should be R? :)

Pan the first (green) recording full left and the second (orange) full right.

...Thank you for the great answer.

Pan the first (green) recording full left and the second (orange) full right.

Ok! And should the green stereo version be panned fully L (and the orange fully R) when recording the L (and R) audio file as well? Or should it be recorded 12 o'clock?

• 9 months later...
So I’m currently having a similar problem. I’m trying to reamp guitar through some pedals and back into stereo 1&2 ins. I’m running a focusrite clarett4 pre and a radial pro rmp reamp box. I’m running my guitar signal in logic out to output 3 of my interface, into the reamp box, then into a chain of pedals, then back into input 1&2 on the interface. When I try to record, I’m getting the reamped signal as well as the original guitar signal, and when I mute the guitar signal t doesn’t feed the reamp anymore. I assume it’s settings in the focusrite mixer software, just can’t figure it out. It worked months ago and then I hooked up a sub to the outputs and must have changed settings to make that work. Anyway, any help or leads in the right direction is greatly appreciated seeing as how I was banking on this process to help my mix come alive. Thanks y’all!

into the reamp box, then into a chain of pedals, then back into input 1&2 on the interface.

I assume there's an amp and a mic in front of a speaker somewhere?

The problem you have is most likely in the focusrite software. I personally don't like any of those software mixers. I turn everything off on my Apollo.

there is no amp or mic, I'm just trying to run some stuff through some pedals to give it some ambience etc with my large collection of pedals. its electronic music so I'm going for a bit of a lo fi vibe at times. I agree it must be the software, especially since I messed around with it earlier today and no logic won't recognize the interface and neither will my computer. super frustrating and a major killer to productivity now that nothing is working.

So I seem to have got it all working within logic as well as through the interface. Restarting helped find the interface again, and I found a helpful article from focusrite here…. https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/208364625-Using-a-Focusrite-interface-when-re-amping-guitars

It all seems to be good now, minus the fact that I should be able to mute the monitoring of the guitar signal I’m trying to reamp, so I only hear the wet signal being recorded in, yet I can’t get that to happen. Worst comes to worst I just record while hearing the dry signal too, but that kind of skews my ears a bit. Any idea how to mute that dry signal while still having the reamp receive the signal? Thanks for the help!

• 11 months later...

Hello p3go0 and others, 

I am stumbling on the same problem for the moment where I am either getting loud feedback or getting nothing through.
I am using a Focusrite 18i20o, with this I am going from output 3 to input Radial Reamp EXTC. Then from Reamp output to Focusrite input 3. 

In my DAW the output of the instrument track is on output 3 and the input of the new audio track is on input 3.

Does anyone know how to help me further?

Edited by TvLog

The setup I have now is:

Hardware setup
1. Interface output 4 to Radial EXTC input 

2. Radial Output to input 3 interface.

DAW setup
3. Instrument track with output 1 bus
4. Audio track (preamp track) with input 3

I have placed some pictures to clarify it
Output cable is the one with the blue strap
Input cable is the one with the white strap

New.png

Hi triplets,

Yes, I used the record arming and managed to make a Reamp audio track without feedback. It was down to my Focusrite software control. In doing so, I think I made a feedback loop by sliding the output 3 fader open (It is now closed).
I also closed the playback 1-2 in my output 3-4 routing. (1st picture below)

I do notice exactly that there are a lot of weird frequencies with the recording and it seems like I am recording an extra playback in the recording. 
Do you know how this could be coming and if this is the right way?

Below you can find the Focusrite control setup I have now.

Screenshot 2023-02-25 at 22.50.51.png

Screenshot 2023-02-25 at 22.50.58.png

Edited by TvLog
f