Stitching Multitrack drums together

Go to solution Solved by triplets,

Hey!

First time poster, long time lurker.

You guys have helped me out alot!

Iv'e doodled about in logic for a year or 2, but i'm still a noob.

Prior to COVID I recorded my drummer doing some sections for a song (5 Mics). We unexpectedly had to do it all in a few hours rather than a week... and so his takes were not perfect.

I have used flex time to try and even out some of the main timing problems, but when quantised a lot of parts have serious artefacts (i have the drum group phase locked) . I've tried removing markers etc but certain parts were just far too fast to be rescued. Luckily the verse is the same beat repeated with a slight variation. I have several bars of the beat (and variation) which sound fine with a little quantising.

QUESTION: What is the most efficient and effective way for me to go about cutting these quantised bars out and stitching them together for the verse?

Each of these sections has already been quantised with Flex time so I am worried if cutting them out and stitching them together will cause other timing issues. Should i disable Flex time, cut out the good sections, join them together and then quantise instead? Or is there a better way?

Do a bounce in place of the quantized drums for every track.

That way you can cut them up again and you don't loose what you already did.

And the original take is still intact.

Hey thanks

This sounds like a great precaution. Do you have any advice about the actual cutting up of the beat and the quantizing?

Once you chose the section you like you can use the marquee tool to select the range of bars and copying it by holding down Option while dragging over with the mouse.

Thanks.

When I bounce in place the regions, should I keep the Drum group active? (these are multitracked drums)