Are the Audio FX first or last in the audio chain?

Hi guys!

Here's why I'm asking this question, and I hope I'm asking it correctly :)

I have a Strymon Iridium, which is a great amp and cabinet modeler pedal.

I'm going into the pedal from my guitar, and out the pedal into an Apollo interface.

On my guitar track, I'm trying out the Logic Guitar Pedal FX/Pedalboards, which sound pretty good.

I want to make sure the Logic pedals are before my Iridium, not after it, as I'm trying to emulate the "normal" way a guitar goes into pedals first, and from there they go to the guitar amp. which in my case, the Iridium is the amp/cabinet.

So................................................................................................

Are the Audio FX first or last in the audio chain?

If last, how do I change the routing to be first/before my Iridium?

Hi triplets, how my TRUE buddy been?

All the Iriduim sounds are sent correctly from the Apollo to LPX.

To clarify what I was asking, as soon as I go to my guitar track and insert a Logic plugin/FX, is that effect now after the Iridium or before it?

If after, that's good, if before, that's bad :)

I want my virtual pedals to be before the amp/Iridium, not after, just like when you play your guitar, you go from it to your real pedals, and from the pedals you go into a real amp.

Can that be done with my virtual pedals (LPX) first, and then going into my amp (the Iridium)?

Thanks,

Jerry

Do do :)

What I was wanting to do was to try different virtual pedals, all before my Iridium/amp (just like real pedals into a real amp), to see how they would sound before recording a track.

But it seems I either need something like a Line 6 Helix, or a true pedalboard (with the Iridium last in the pedalboard chain), to go into my Apollo, and not use LPX's virtual pedals.

Thanks again!

Jerry