Mackie MCU Pro backlight LED display fading problem

I had been encountering that problem that seems to plague that controller. Which is too bad since it is otherwise a very comprehensive and sturdy tool to work with Logic.

Because of that same recurring problem, I had my first MCU Pro unit exchanged, then had to also have the backlight of the new unit repaired twice while still under warranty! And yet the result was not that great and leaving the feeling that the problem would eventually show up again.

Considering that it did cost me the S&H and the additional duty fees, all that within less than a year of part-time use.

Nevertheless, I love that controller, I was about to throw the towel...

But I found a solution for that problem which is really worth trying instead of opting for a different controller.

The LUX PMVA LED Display Upgrade was my last shot at the Mackie MCU Pro.

And that one is definitely a great deal.

The result is actually much better than a very brand new unit!

Admittedly impressive and I confess being totally satisfied with the LUX PMVA LED Display Upgrade.

I got the kit from a seller on Reverb (SNAFU), based in UK (Isle of Man).

https://reverb.com/item/23793571-lux...va-led-display

Now, I just hope that the display will last a long time… But according to the way the display looks now, it is definitely promising.

However: beware that since it is a kit to install, it will void the warranty.

Although it doesn't require soldering, that took me more than an hour to complete the installation, as I was very very cautious.

I rarely do these kinds of procedures.

The instructions are fairly good but I felt quite nervous having to remove the transfo part from one of the board, and also puzzled ending with a (power) connector (for the display unit) left empty…

But powering the MCU unit reassured me plenty.

And man! The display never looked so good.

In short: warmly recommended!

Wow, that looks great, thanks for sharing this solution with us. It's impressive how those older MCUs are still considered one of the best controller for Logic Pro today, considering they were the first one and were originally released years ago. That also means that many people out there are using them, and looking for replacement parts. So thanks for sharing your experience with that after market backlight upgrade. :)