almost any sound and I can then shift all the Frequencies and harmonics to that desire musical note

Hi ,

Been at this for most quite a while months

Goal is to understand how I can take almost any sound and I can then shift all the Frequencies and harmonics to that desire musical note 

I have a recorded of a bird and bell sound that I want to bring each of them into tune with each other to start to create a basic sample instruments I use Logic 

Step 1. I would use Voxengo SPAN free

Spectrum Analyzer Plugin to find the Fundamental Frequency Trying to locate a musical frequencies to start with

Step.2.Now I want to know how I can move the main fundamental Frequency and all the Harmonics along for the ride to scale or move them all by the same amount. 

One important note :

How can I do this correctly and not create any unnecessary artifacts or warping sounds like it’s underwater Are garbling sounds

But keep all or any of the musically or timbre qualities and all the tone characteristics that make up the original sound recordings so the end results sound more natural or as close as I can to the original recording

Hi ,

Been at this for most quite a while months

Goal is to understand how I can take almost any sound and I can then shift all the Frequencies and harmonics to that desire musical note 

I have a recorded of a bird and bell sound that I want to bring each of them into tune with each other to start to create a basic sample instruments I use Logic 

Step 1. I would use Voxengo SPAN free

Spectrum Analyzer Plugin to find the Fundamental Frequency Trying to locate a musical frequencies to start with

Step.2.Now I want to know how I can move the main fundamental Frequency and all the Harmonics along for the ride to scale or move them all by the same amount. 

One important note :

How can I do this correctly and not create any unnecessary artifacts or warping sounds like it’s underwater Are garbling sounds

But keep all or any of the musically or timbre qualities and all the tone characteristics that make up the original sound recordings so the end results sound more natural or as close as I can to the original recording

Can you zip and post the bird and bell sound.

Hi ValliSoftware,

Yes I can but my h4n recorder is not working so I have to get back to you because I wasn’t really happy with those recordings but soon here I am going to upgrade IZotope RX 7 Elements to RX 8 Standard which I hoping this upgraded will help me a lot with the nosiest nose floors with theses records and futures ones

And try to get my zoom h5n fixed

And redo them

Unless you donot mind I can record some bells sound and birds from online videos etc..to use for a stand in until I get the funds back your call but very much appreciated your help

Hi ValliSoftware,

Yes I can but my h4n recorder is not working so I have to get back to you because I wasn’t really happy with those recordings but soon here I am going to upgrade IZotope RX 7 Elements to RX 8 Standard which I hoping this upgraded will help me a lot with the nosiest nose floors with theses records and futures ones

And try to get my zoom h5n fixed

And redo them

Unless you donot mind I can record some bells sound and birds from online videos etc..to use for a stand in until I get the funds back your call but very much appreciated your help

Sure. I'd like to hear your starting point.

Meaning how you would start your samples.

Hi ValliSoftware,

You see very soon this not the  common question I hope it makes sense if not ask me questions what time allows appreciate your feedback and tips and ideas

Tools I Have at The Moment and How Can They Assist Within This WorkFlow for More Efficiency

How can isotope RX 8 Standard help in these  ideas 

How can isotope irs 2 help

How can Logic Pro X help

How can SoundToys Little AlterBoy help

So here’s my new more detail workflow that I’m trying to make and find solutions for using all the correct and necessary tools for this work flow 

This is what part of the end result looks like but I must learn and go in Appropriate ways of approaching each stages and phases of the project to find the right solutions (meaning baby steps)

Main Goal take almost any sound and make it Obey 

The First Idea

Goal is to understand how I can take almost any sound and make it Obey 

Using Main Fundamental Frequencie or Tone with These harmonic components are called harmonics, overtones, or partials sound 

because Non-inharmonic sounds or Ambiguous sounds or any kind of Noise sounds I cannot see or know how to make them obey to a musical scale or key maybe for and effect but not Musical key unless you know something I donot 

What Iam I Trying To Do? and Where Is This Going?

Then shift all the Frequencies and harmonics by the same amount so The fundamental and harmonics ,overtones and partials will keep the same relationship to the fundamental

Meaning So when main fundamental frequency for the sound moves  then the harmonics, overtones and partials will move along for the ride up or down did everything octaves or semi tones etc…

To that desire musical note or be fix to a musically Chord  ,like key of C or C scale etc…by shifting or wrapping or tweaking but the goal is in a pleasantly sounding way

and I am starting from the ground 0 - and going up and trying to use all  the corrects tools I can get my hands on as well as I can afford them over time

Iam  in early 50’s so you know takes time 

to get me the best results as I can 

so in the end I will have created playable  and useable  sample instruments that maybe later I put in all musical keys to sell as a sample packs to make some extra income L.W.

The Second Idea 

Missing Fundamental Frequency oh no!

Another way is if I cannot let say find the main fundamental frequency of any of the recording or sound ,etc…

It would be neat if you could create your own main fundamental frequency for any recorded sound etc…that has a missing fundamental tone 

So until then 

Rearrange and Reorder 

Then I would want to move the The necessary harmonics and overtones and partials independently from one another to arrange and re-order them in positions to create the correct Musical Chord or the Necessary intervals to imply  the correct musical scale 

this way with the missing fundamental gone this will be implied that sound need for the correct or needed key to implied sound for that Scale or Chord  and intervals hope that makes sense?

But One important most crucial note :

How can I do this correctly and not create any unnecessary unnatural,  artifacts or warping sounds like it’s underwater Are garbling ,distortion types of sounds these are not good sounds to use 

So the main idea is use the necessary tools to push it as far as I can go where the each sounds start to get to that unnaturally yuck 

and then back it off to where can be actually useful sound much more natural sounding

Another Extremely Important note

But try to keep all or any of the musically or timbre qualities and all the tone characteristics that make up the original sound recordings so the end results sound more natural or as close as I can to the original recording for each given sample 

Can you zip and post some audio files as well.

Hi there Sir,

In am working on to send You a zip file with two recording of a

1.Bird sound

2.Bell sound

3.Plus a link to a unlisted YouTube video showing what I am doing in Logic

At this moment I working on finding the main fundamental of each sound which is my first step

I might need help but let see what I can do this whole thing is still very new to me so I am keep learning as I go

Thank You

Hi ValliSoftware,fuzzfilth

Sorry took for long I fight sometime a very bad case of vergtio and sometimes schizophrenic and meds not fun but what can You do anyways

I have one bird sound Spot-necked Babbler (Stachyris strialata) I got from this website

1.https://www.xeno-canto.org/species/Stachyris-strialata#

unfortunately you they have a whole bunch on this page

But I have the wave file but I donot know what format I tried wav. and got a error - look to screen

1736517556_ScreenShot2021-07-24at11_59_28PM.png.7679e367f63b36fb037baccc43f0dd92.png

You can keep analysing this to death, but frankly, I'd open QuickSampler, drop the audio file into it, set start and end points, play an A on the keyboard and change the sample's pitch so it roughly lands on either 440 Hz, 880 Hz, 1760 Hz or even 3520 Hz, depending on which of the A-keys you play.

qsamp.thumb.gif.89d331699417572a36ad71935b9b30da.gif

No need to go precise on this as the sample changes its pitch during its course anyway, and you want to keep that. Now create another track with, say, some simple piano notes for reference, then go back to the QuickSampler track and fine tune the sample by ear so it sounds closest in tune with the piano. Now you can play the sample musically over the entire keyboard.

Takes maybe five minutes and I'm 57.