Wind sound/white noise on instrument or midi channel

Hello everyone!

Since a few days I got some kind of wind or white noise (I dunno what you call it in English) on any instrument or midi track on which I plug my V-synth xt. This noise is present either on speakers and in the headphone.

My set-up :

- Apple iMac m1 (16 go)

- Interface Beringher Uphoria UMC 1820 linked using usb to the computer

- V-synth xt plugged on main out using TRS cable on output 3 and 4 of the interface, as well as midi in and out using standard midi cables

- Pair of Focal shape 40 plugged on the main out of the interface

The output volume on the V-synth is set to its max, sample rate set to 48Hz (as my Logic project).

The strange thing is that appear only on right channel. I've tried everything: switch cables and speakers sides, change the inputs, you name it, nothing changed (unless when I put the right channel from the v-synth on the left input on the interface, the noise move to the left).

I therefore came to the conclusion that there were interference in my environnement (antenna or whatever). But if it was the case, wouldn't it be on both sides?

Anyway, to be safe, I ordered a power conditioner (see attached pic), doubting that it will fix my problem, but who knows?

My question : do you think that using the digital outputs on the V-synth xt will fix my problem?

Should I use the optical or coaxial output? Which plugging set-up should I go for?

I tried yesterday plugging the V-synth to the interface using a Toslink cable: no sound, whatever the input selected in Logic.

I also tried to link the SPDIF ports using short RCA cables, selecting the corresponding input as advices in user manual of the interface: same thing, no sound.

Did I miss something, a box to check in Logic preferences, or a particular setting to do in the V-synth to be able to use the digital output (nothing about it in V-synth manual)?

Here a few pics of the gear that I am talking about:

Thank to the one who could help!

1367107576_Furmanm8Lx.thumb.png.66ef71cd88ec5e9a15f4f0c0bfc682ef.png

928749835_UphoriaUMC1820.thumb.png.54c375d849f8c3a09909b93a6b3e91d9.png

1132237500_V-synthxt.thumb.png.bdab55a7bcb3604fa9dcd8be5c9448f5.png

I would start troubleshooting with the computer.

Are your drivers up to date?

Are you using a demo plugin that its trial period had expired?

Try with stock Logic native plugin.

Otherwise, try resetting the core audio in Logic's audio preferences.

If that doesn't work, try using another app than Logic.

Issue remains, try resetting the Mac's SMC & NV/PRAM.

If problem persists, try connecting your setup to a different Mac.

If problem goes away, try the usual troubleshooting rundown.

If problem remains present on a different Mac, chances are that something else in your setup (cables, interface, Roland V-Synth, etc) is/are the source of your issue.

Thank you for answer Atlas007,

The thing is that it looks like it comes from the synth since I got the same thing when I plug a headphone directly on it.

According to a friend, there might be a damaged electronic circuit in the synth, I will bring it for a check-up!

Meanwhile I could plug it using the optical cable and it's gone, so problem solved (for now).

Cheers!