Decent Sampler - concept.

I’ve always been happy with the Logic Sampler, but I have downloaded and tried some others (just in case I was missing something). Now I hear about “Decent Sampler” which is also a concept for sharing sampler instruments from NI, Logic and other sources across a common platform for free. That’s interesting.

https://www.decentsamples.com/product/decent-sampler-plugin/

Has anybody tried it? Opinions?

• 1 year later...

I think decent Sampler has some wonderful patches and most are free!  Aside from that I think it's very basic and I've had many problems with loading patches and God forbid you move your sample library.... Your patches and settings will not be stored because the sampler doesn't reload with previously saved settings.  It also has no valuable midi learn features IE I'd like to switch to next patch with the press of a button.... Nope, gotta click with the mouse.  That's another reason I don't like Kontakt or UVI.  Sampler easily switches patches with whatever hotkey I chose.    Love that.

• 7 months later...

Does anybody experienced issues with Decent after its version 1.9.0?

With 1.9.0 everything goes well but with 1.9.1 or 1.9.4 the plugin crashes Logic. (I haven't tested the v.1.9.2 and 1.9.3)

The VST and VST3 versions, opened in Logic thru Komplet Kontrol, work well. The standalone app works well. Only the .component causes troubles.

I've reinstalled 1.9.0 but usualy like to keep my plugins up to date

yep, basically I have ditched decent sampler because it has caused too many problems.  A shame, there are a ton of useable sounds etc, but as a program it is not stable enough, so I have converted the tracks I used with it into audio, and deleted all the sound packs from DS.  It is a really great concept, but poorly executed software

As it works for me in its v1.9.0 version I keep it but, yes this sample player is not realy well optimized, with certain sounds (sound with long release like bells, where the wavefiles have to be read up to their end) the CPU metter is in the red and Logic is crakling. With the version of the very same sound in .nki or .exs or .sf2 everything goes well.

But, well, Kontakt is $200, on a sale, and Decent is free, so...

I've sent a mail, with the crash log, to the DS team about the post 1.9.0 AU issues, we'll see.