Dual monitor

I realize this is not a Logic Pro specific question so I figured it should be in this forum.

The reason I’m asking here is because any other Apple form I’ve been on has had less than accurate answers and usually pretty dick-ish remarks.

I recently purchased an M1 Mac.

I used to have a 2015 27” that used a second 2011 27” as a second monitor. I don’t believe target display mode works anymore. (If someone has figured this out Let me know)

Does anyone here have an M1 Mac and a second monitor? If so how do you do it?

I’m guessing I need to get a hub that has HDMI and then run that to an HDMI monitor

I’ve spent entirely enough $ on Apple adaptors. I’m hoping not to keep burning money to figure this out.

If I have to get another monitor I’ll probably go for one of those ultra wide ones. (If this is a bad idea chime in as well)

Thanks for reading this. And I apologize if this isn’t the appropriate forum.

Drew

A friend of mine has a Mac mini M1 and uses her older iMac's display in target display monitor mode. It works.

I think it’s because it’s a Mac mini. I’ve tried absolutely everything and no chance of getting my old Mac to work as a second monitor.

If someone has had any success I’m all ears.