Midi Notes, Same Velocity, Different Sounds

I'm working with EZ Drummer midi, which I have been doing for years, and for some reason have just now started having issues with the snare drum midi. Obviously different velocities should produce different sounds, which they do. But when I set all of the notes to the same velocity, some notes hit that sweet spot with a nice pop. But then some notes will either be ear-crushingly sharp or instead they'll be really soft (not a full ghost note, but definitely weaker than the value of the velocity). The really weird thing is that it is completely random with every run-through. Notes that did one thing before will now do something different. It's absolutely crucial to the song I'm working on to have mostly every note in that sweet spot. It's definitely not a compression issue either, as the notes are nice and even in volume, they're just not staying within their set velocity.showbox speed test Edited by bekhanaro54

This concept is called Round Robin sample assignment and avoids the machine gun effect which, among other things, so deafeningly loud spells 'MIDI drums' that it has only been invented to avoid exactly this.

Now, you should not get seriously different hits, especially from the same MIDI velocity. But then, I have no idea how high the heap of dynamics is that you piled up on this, and it might exaggerate things substantially.

To get exactly the same performance every time, Freeze or Bounce In Place the RR tracks.