How do you compare these keyboards

Hi.

I suppose that gear discussion can include keyboard discussion ?

I want to buy a keyboard controller that I can carry to gigs and use with MainStage (and Logic Pro X).

As a pianist, I need a minimum of 61 keys, or more, but there is the question of moving the synth all the time, so 88 notes is quite big and heavy, and the question of the price is a limitation to what I can buy.

I have an opportunity to get, at a good price, a used AKAI Pro Advance 61. (The keyboard is like new)

But I wonder if it would be a better choice to buy an Arturia, because of the sounds library that comes with them.

- Are these Arturia sounds really interesting ?

- Can they be used within Logic Pro X as plugins software instruments ?

- For roughly the same price of the used AKAI Pro Advance 61, I could get an Arturia Keylab Essential 61 Universal MIDI Controller.

- Or, for a significant higher price, there is the Arturia KeyLab MKII 61 Professional Keyboard Controller and Software.

The Akai has a semi-weighted keybed, but the description of the Arturia keyboards does not seem to mention this...

Are these keyboards and their software compatible with Big Sur ?

I stil did not have the opportunity to try any of these 3 keyboards so it would really be appreciated to read what users of these keyboards have to say.

Thanks to you and have a good day.

Well, it COULD be the exact right keyboard that I need, except that it is $1000 more than the Arturia KeyLab MKII 61, which was the limit in my budget.

Depending of the different comments I will hopefully read here, I might have to consider spending significantly more money than what I initially planned.

Thanks for your suggestion, I'm going to listen to some demos of that keyboard.

I didn't check the price of the KeyLab - sorry. You might want to check out the Novation LaunchKey MK3. I just got the 37 key version and I am really happy with it (but I don't need faders, and I have a PX330 piano) - integrates quite nicely with Logic as a Mackie Control.

Non-weighted keys, but they feel solid and don't make weird noise. Fine for a controller. I am re-discovering my "instruments" now that I have a synth keyboard and a computer that laughs at 1 GB sets of samples ;-)

Add a LaunchPad and be ready to conquer the live world ;-)

Arturia Collection 8 instruments sound really good and are compatible to BigSur (on Intel Macs), both as Logic’ plugins or individual.

Nevertheless, I would recommend you try the keyboards before committing to a choice.

Your hand feeling will tell you what is right and what isn't.

My 2 cents…

To Atlas007.

From all what I've read and watched, you are the first one to inform me that those interesting Arturia sounds are compatible to BigSur as Logic plugins or individual. This is a good thing to know !

I just read today that those Arturia keyboards have keys narrower than regular piano keys, and since this could possibly be a major inconvenient, I will definitely try any keyboard before buying.

In my opinion, your 2 cents points of view are valued much more than ... 2 cents !

Thanks to you !