Setting Tempo in terms of a dotted quarter

Hello my dudes,

When we set tempo in Logic, the default is to assign quarter to the beat.

That means, that even if we work in a compound time signature (for example in 6/8), the tempo will show in terms of Quarter = X bpm.

In 6/8, we usually think of the beat as the dotted quarter, which makes it a bit unnatural to have the tempo shown in terms of a quarter.

I looked online and couldn't find a simple solution for that, is there any way to make the tempo have its 'unit' as a dotted quarter in 6/8?

I know it is always possible to multiply or divide by 2/3 in order to move around from Quarter to Dotted Quarter tempo but I am looking for a more natural way.

Perhaps you are a little confused about BPM. Beats per Minute actually is more of a symbolic gesture to illustrate the "Pulses" or "Beats" of a bar. (s) The Beat of something in 2/4 is the same as 6/8 however the implied subdivision is either straight (As in in 2 quavers per beat in 2/4) or triplets (3 triplet Quavers in 6/8). Both time signatures have a pulse of "2". The BPM stats the same. Often in noted music, you will see tempo markings such as Dotted Crotched =120. That Dotted crotched implies the pulse. That is why the relationship between tempo and meter is so important!