Creating the Music Video

You can search the net for Stock Footage, some of it free, some of it paid (with usually much better quality and variety). However, this will be mostly very generic stuff, much of it geared towards seasons, nature and holidays and of course the unavoidable corporate video with pretty people in pretty suits in pretty conference rooms, smiling and shaking hands and other unbearable stuff.

But then, think about it for a second - who would want to watch a video cobbled together from unrelated scenes desperately trying to tell a story which none of the scenes was filmed to ? Unless that's the whole point of the story, of course.

It's 100 times better if you take your smartphone and go out filming stuff yourself that you then arrange as you see fit. You may not have the best actors. You may not have the best light. You may not have the best cinematography. You may not have the best storytelling and composition. Who cares. You have your own video. Will it suck ? Quite likely. Will your next one be 100% better ? Absolutely.

Depending on your expectations, you can make a pretty good video with free stock footage and photos. It will support your music even if the snippets are unrelated somewhat. I think like you: Music is first but people don't tend to listen to unknown music to them, unless a video supports it. This is coming from experience. I hate this as a musician but i have to accept it. This is the world we live in. Once Eddie Vedder said after winning at a music video award show : "We are very happy that we won best video commercial for a song" :)

Try pexels.com. I used it in my videos.