Yamaha Sustain Pedal...

Forgive me, this isn't directly about Logic. However, I have one of those inexpensive smallish rectangles, Yamaha sustain pedal. The polarity is inverted: it's always sustaining until pressed. I tried it with my Korg M3, my main controller, and an Oxygen 88. It works but the polarity is inverted. There must be a fix for that. I read one about restarting the keyboard, but I think that only works for Yamaha keyboards. Thank you for any thoughts.

You could use a Transformer object in the Environment and reverse map its values.

You would connect that Transformer object between the Physical Input object and the Sequencer Input object.

Following the setup below should solve your issue.

639171190_SustaininverterEnvioronmentsetup.thumb.jpg.afe4c0d849936a1b13b2f41f5e5bf30d.jpg

Once set accordingly, save the project as a template which you can use as a starting point in the future (saving you from having to set that up again every time).

There might be other solutions available...

Christopher11 said:
Thank you. That's very helpful. However, I wonder why the polarity is inverted on this pedal. There must be a way to fix it at the source, so I can use it with the M3 whether or not with LPX.

i've had a couple of those square sustain pedals, but i always buy ones with a physical polarity switch, for that very reason (& they're not expensive). check amazon or sweetwater if you want.

probably possible to actually rewire it, but otherwise... what atlas007 suggests.