How do I Reamp with the Line 6 Pod Go?

Hi guys!

I have a UAD Apollo Twin Duo Thunderbolt interface as my #1 Interface, but I'm trying to use a Line 6 POD GO into Logic Pro X for re-amping purposes.

FWIW, I have the main out/left mono out of the Pod Go going into the Hi Z input on the Apollo, as well as having the Pod Go connected to my MBP via usb cable.

Page 36 of the Pod Go User Guide says:

Create two new audio tracks in your DAW software:

Create one mono track to record the dry DI guitar, and set the track's input to POD Go USB 3 (or 4, doesn't matter).

Create one stereo track to record your full, stereo, processed tone and set the track's input to POD Go USB 1/2

Set both tracks' outputs, as well as the DAW Master output to POD Go USB 1/2 to allow all tracks to play back through POD Go

I'm getting hung up on "USB" as an input or output. When I create (2) audio tracks, I don't see any USB input/output selections shown in Logic, even when the POD GO is selected as the Output and Input Device in Logic's Audio Preferences. I'm definitely connected from the POD GO to my MBP via USB, as the POD GO Edit Software is working fine.

I'm also being thrown off by the fact that the Pod Go is set as the Audio Interface, but the sound is still coming through the Apollo to my Monitors.

One would think that unless I had the Monitors connected to the Pod Go, I shouldn't hear any sound except though the Pod Go's headphone out :)

Any suggestions?

Hi E!

It's been a while since we talked, so how's my buddy been?

I just set it up as an Aggregate Device using both the Apollo and the Pod Go, so it now works, and you're right, I was starting to think it would be a lot of work/trouble going back and forth between the two :)

In summary, I take it (uh-oh :) ) that:

1) I still keep the audio going from the main analog output on the Pod Go to the 1/4" Hi Z input on the Apollo, and that will be my analog input of the full effects track on Logic's input 1 (I'm using a mono track right now, not a stereo track for my guitar), and output 1 & 2.

2) The usb audio is sending a dry signal to input 3, and it will be heard through Logic's out 1 & 2.

Thanks, and as usual, it ALWAYS great to hear from you!

Jerry