How to create a custom Bass instrument.

I have several libraries with very accurate bass instruments. But very few of these will have vibrato. I have seen and heard bass players jiggle the string to create a great vibrato. But only 1 or 2 Kontakt with vibrato, but too mild for my taste. Ideally I would really like a very realistic bass instrument (sample o virtual) that could create extreme bass effects. slide up/down an octave.

The pitchbend works to a degree. I used to use Trillian was was good. Multi Media's IK MODO bass is fairly decent, but doesn't go extreme enough (or I don't know how to approach it right. My first thought was if I could import a sine wave into the pitchbend track. and either use scripting to some how control it. Currently I jiggle the pitchbend, above/below 0 volts.. but it takes forever to redraw it in smooth. it really needs to be a sine for the effect I'm looking far.

Anyone have any thoughts/techniques to approximate this.. I really don't seem to be able to grasp the 'scripting' of Logic. (which where the answer probably is).

At some point I had to produce MIDI files for Yamaha, and that's the kind of thing I had to do in order to get the maximum amount of realistic performance into the files.

The best way I found was to program the MIDI pitchbend humanely. Most of the time first by jiggling the pitchbend wheel then eventually by adjusting the results manually. A sine wave (or a LFO) will never get you a realistic result because no bass player vibrates their string perfectly like that.

There's no shortcut for a realistic performance: you have to listen to real player and learn to imitate them.