One reverb, a different predelay from each send?

I was discussing a reverb setup that I use in Logic with another producer who uses ProTools. I'm not a ProTools user, but what he said sounded to me to be a little crazy, and although I cannot see any way to do this from Logic, maybe he can do this from ProTools. I'm not sure.

Here's my setup. I will use the same reverb on every instrument group, and set the pre-delay just a little bit differently for each group so that it puts them in a slightly different "space."

I have to use as many reverb inserts as I have groups in this case, in order to have each reverb have a slightly different pre-delay.

He says that in ProTools, he can use a single instance of the reverb with a send, and automate the pre-delay setting coming from each instrument group to that same single instance of the reverb, effectively automating the common reverb to have a different pre-delay for each group.

Is this really something that ProTools can do? If so, is there a way to configure this in Logic?

Sends 1-4 go via Bus 1-4 to Aux 1-4, each of which has a Sample Delay (or other short, adjustable delay plugin). Aux 1-4 have a pre fader Send to Bus 5 which goes to Aux 5, where your ChromaVerb or Space Designer sits.

Now you can balance and pan 4 early reflections which also feed the reverb.

Interesting approach. Thank you.