Pod XT live

I am having trouble recording with the I/O feature of my POD XT LIVE. I have all the plug ins installed but there is still no luck. I must be missing something but I don't know what it is.

The program recognizes the device when it is plugged in through the USB drive, but I'm not sure how to get it to get the signal.

I am really new to this program (and forum), so I will need alot of talking through this technical question.

Thanks guys!

Drew

Hi Drew,

I haven't used the XT Live, but I have used the XT kidney bean, so let me give this a shot. When you plug in and turn on the POD, if Logic is running, it should ask you if you want to use the device. If you say Yes, if should automatically select the POD as your only input source as soon as it's finished initializing. To check this, go to Preferences -> Audio. The "Device" dropdown should have the POD XT Live listed. If it does, you should just be able to set your audio tracks to record from Input 1-2 (which should be the POD's stereo outputs).

If Logic doesn't select the device--and you can't select it from the dropdown--you might want to run Line6 Monkey again to make sure you've got the current drives. Last ditch, run Audio MIDI setup with the POD turned on and make sure it shows up in there. Any device that shows up in there should be available to Logic.

Hope this helps.

Last ditch, run Audio MIDI setup with the POD turned on and make sure it shows up in there. Any device that shows up in there should be available to Logic.

Hope this helps.

Not sure what you mean here...

Tried everything else with no luck. Like I said, the pod gets recognized, but no signal.

Last night a signal did come through, but it was just a spiking audio level (no sound, or at least it wasn't coming through my speakers).

Tried everything else with no luck. Like I said, the pod gets recognized, but no signal.

Last night a signal did come through, but it was just a spiking audio level (no sound, or at least it wasn't coming through my speakers).

That's really weird--it should be all-or-nothing! Two more things to try, although honestly, it sounds like the hardware is screwy.

Open up GearBox and see what level you have the POD set to output at. I think there's a control in there that acts independently of the Channel Volume to control output across the USB connection. Maybe it's set too high/low?

There should also be a preference panel in your System Preferences for Line6 products. There are some configurables in there, like which signal gets passed across the USB connection, etc. Not sure if anything in there is helpful, but it's worth a look.

Failing that, I'd contact Line6, because something is wrong either with the driver or your POD.

I have a podxt live, don't use it at all but i posted a solution here a year ago.

Most people prefer going via there own i/o, regardless the whole concept ot a pod simulator does not pass professional mixes.

ill explain, Line6 i hear has a amp that allows you to re direct the main signal into several paths,

for example

1- your guitar->

2-cry baby ->

3-Distortion stomp box->

4- then 1 (mono) or 2 (stereo) amps of your choice ( head and 4x12, combo etc ect)

The podXT on the other hand only has one path, you can only choose it wet with the effects or dry., all on the same path to your outs.

The podxt3 only includes the stereo amp feature, again one path.

I recorded via USB on Tiger, i posted the solution with screen shots, basically you have to crate and use a aggravated device (what i call it) in he mac audio set up, then in logic you label it to your desire and then record, remember that you cam not play back what you record unless your pod xt is the main outs of logic.

hope it helped.

I have a podxt live, don't use it at all but i posted a solution here a year ago.

Most people prefer going via there own i/o, regardless the whole concept ot a pod simulator does not pass professional mixes.

ill explain, Line6 i hear has a amp that allows you to re direct the main signal into several paths,

for example

1- your guitar->

2-cry baby ->

3-Distortion stomp box->

4- then 1 (mono) or 2 (stereo) amps of your choice ( head and 4x12, combo etc ect)

The podXT on the other hand only has one path, you can only choose it wet with the effects or dry., all on the same path to your outs.

The podxt3 only includes the stereo amp feature, again one path.

I recorded via USB on Tiger, i posted the solution with screen shots, basically you have to crate and use a aggravated device (what i call it) in he mac audio set up, then in logic you label it to your desire and then record, remember that you cam not play back what you record unless your pod xt is the main outs of logic.

hope it helped.

What is the link to this thread? Or what can i search it under?