EZ drummer muting cymbals eratically

This could be a logic thing or a underpowered computer thing or something EZ, don't know. I'll have a drum part going and I'll add some cymbal crashes. But the surrounding drum part seems to make the cymbal mute. But not always. I discovered that if I hit certain cymbal sounds and hold the key down, they mute then. But I'm not doing that here, it's just a quick up down keyboard press and the cymbal mutes anyway. If I play it by itself, it doesn't mute.

How do I stop it from doing this?

Yeah, could be a voice stealing thing but there's not that many voices to steal in this drum part. I should clarify that the cymbal is playing but it's ring-out is choking off.

It looks like it has something to do with the regions themselves..... I have a simple drum fill with kick, tom and snare in a one bar region. I add the cymbal crash in another region. The cymbal crash chokes. Now if I mute the region with the fill the cymbal doesn't choke. But if instead of muting the fill region I just mute the fill notes from the matrix, the cymbal will continue to choke! I still have to mute the region, even with the notes inside it muted, to get the crash to play out. Weird.... only Some Fills Allowed I guess! :)

What's the control for a choke in EZDrummer? A quick Googling suggests it's aftertouch. If your keyboard does aftertouch (or even if it doesn't), take a look in the events list or hyperdraw in your fill region to see if you've got some aftertouch events in there that are choking the cymbals.

What's the control for a choke in EZDrummer? A quick Googling suggests it's aftertouch. If your keyboard does aftertouch (or even if it doesn't), take a look in the events list or hyperdraw in your fill region to see if you've got some aftertouch events in there that are choking the cymbals.

Almost for sure this is what your problem is....especially if you tend to whang the key or button down hard....